Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz
I recently bought a new laptop (Win 10 64 bit) and installed BIAB 2017

According to the manual, the Behringer does not need a driver - just plug & play.

Can anyone see what the problem may be?
I've spent over $100.00 on new interfaces, not to mention an expensive new laptop that I bought specifically to use BIAB.
Now it's just sitting in the corner, useless.
As you can imagine, I'm very frustrated, and any suggestions will be appreciated & tried.
TIA

all windows based hardware needs a driver. plug and play simply means it will find the driver on it's own. Some still need you to get the driver onto the computer. The software is available from the manufacturers website.

Does the 222 use ASIO?

Regarding your comment that.... "I've spent over $100.00 on new interfaces" .... does this mean you have bought several, and the $100 is the combined total? The 222 sells for about $30. I'm a believer that generally, you get what you pay for. A $30 interface is a cheap interface. When I bought a laptop specifically for recording (as you seem to have done), I spent 10x the amount you did to get a really nice interface. It was close to $300 at the time and that was 12 years or more ago. Don't go cheap on the interface and then complain that it's not working right. I've helped a bunch of people in the Sonar forum many years ago and the majority of those assists were with folks who bought a cheap "interface" and were trying to get it working properly.

Seriously, I'm not busting on you..... but my recommendation would be to return the 222 for credit and get a focusrite.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.