I just re-read this thread. I think we are running John unnecessarily through the wringer here.

I agree about Running BIAB as Administrator, which is recommended, cannot do harm, and in some cases is required.

The initial post describes symptoms of BIAB being flaky, but remember, it DID work once. That makes me think all this about drivers is taking us off target.

John, the first thing we do when BIAB was behaving fine but starts acting up, it to reboot the machine and restart BIAB. Obviously, you must have done this many times since your initial report.

The second thing we do is go to the Options menu and do Return to Factory Settings. You can save any custom settings as you do this.

Then close BIAB, reboot and restart. Report back.

If it still has the same problem, I would like to resume the discussion about the audio device. We still do not know what is being used.

If that doesn't pan out, then I'm thinking John should reinstall the program.

And there is always PG Music Support. They are superb. They can even remote-connect to your computer to help diagnose a problem. To get to them, click on the gray Support tab up above. Almost all of us in this forum are fellow users; we're pretty good, but not the ultimate resource.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors