Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Jane...

I know what you were doing in Savannah last night -- you were composing another one of your sensual and sweet songs!

Every single time I listen to one of your songs, my interest is usually drawn first to the soft, flickering flame of your lyrics. If you get any better at that, soon you won't need to compose music for them, because all the music anybody will need to hear will be contained within, and then released through the melody and rhythm inherent in your verses:

"The headlights do a slow dance..."

"...she's been begging with a Florida postmark..." (That one's particularly imaginative in its imagery and is freighted with warmth and emotion.)

"...your way barely lit by an old gaslight..."

As impressionistic as memories your lyrics are, Mr. Jane. On this particular song your singing voice is of the kind that holds our attention the more quiet it becomes. Talk about "sweet whispers in her ear"!

And last, but certainly not least, Ms. Merritt's vocals are like spirits that embody all of the nostalgia the song conjures up.

I counted eleven (11) Real Tracks/MIDI super tracks in your song, but it sounds like there were no more than three, or four. That's how initimate the feel of the song is. However you pulled that off in technical terms, in the end it simply sounds like magic.

LOREN

Loren - I truly appreciate that delightful review! Thanks for all of that..