Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

You`ve given this song a lovely relaxed feel with the arrangement.
I`m a sucker for a waltz and the story behind this one is really well told- romantic but real.
There`s lots of instruments on that list but the backing sounds simple and just right.
Your voice blends better than ever with Janice on the chorus.
Beautiful.

Robert

Thank you Robert...we've been blessed with that blend since our first collaboration.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful love song Floyd. Super vocal and such beautiful harmonies. Guitar was so sweet. Just floated along with the backtrack. Well done. You have so many good songs. But I think this is your best. The mix was professional as well. Everything just sits in there so perfectly.

Thank you!

Janice

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow Floyd.

You just never cease to amaze.

It doesn't seem to matter what music genre you turn to, you never do anything except master it.

The lyrics, the rhyming technique, the harmony, the absolutely everything makes this another masterpiece.

Always look forward to your material. Don't 'wore-it-out' yet.

Trev

Thanks for mentioning the harmony!

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Pretty intro and love the waltz. Such pretty vocal and harmonies with wonderful imagery. Great job!

Thank you Josie and yes I love a waltz also.

Janice

Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Jane...

I know what you were doing in Savannah last night -- you were composing another one of your sensual and sweet songs!

Every single time I listen to one of your songs, my interest is usually drawn first to the soft, flickering flame of your lyrics. If you get any better at that, soon you won't need to compose music for them, because all the music anybody will need to hear will be contained within, and then released through the melody and rhythm inherent in your verses:

"The headlights do a slow dance..."

"...she's been begging with a Florida postmark..." (That one's particularly imaginative in its imagery and is freighted with warmth and emotion.)

"...your way barely lit by an old gaslight..."

As impressionistic as memories your lyrics are, Mr. Jane. On this particular song your singing voice is of the kind that holds our attention the more quiet it becomes. Talk about "sweet whispers in her ear"!

And last, but certainly not least, Ms. Merritt's vocals are like spirits that embody all of the nostalgia the song conjures up.

I counted eleven (11) Real Tracks/MIDI super tracks in your song, but it sounds like there were no more than three, or four. That's how initimate the feel of the song is. However you pulled that off in technical terms, in the end it simply sounds like magic.

LOREN

Loren, that was very sweet of you to say that! I sincerely appreciate it.

Janice