To listen on SoundCloud...
Reflections Of Hope - SoundCloud

Video...
Reflections Of Hope - Video

The past few months have been rather difficult. I feel bad that I have not been around to contribute more to this very fine forum. We had a death in our family a few weeks ago. We have the great peace of knowing he is in heaven, but that took me out of commission for a little while.

This Tuesday I had my most recent MDA doctor visit, and the report from the doctor wasn't the best report I have had. I came home and decided I was going to do what I can do as long as I can (My health is not so bad, but I have lost significant strength in my hands). There is not a lot of Band In The Box on this one (I did use the bass part, to make it acceptable to submit here on the forum.) I probably would not be doing what I am doing today were it not for the day that I picked up a copy of Band In A Box a few years ago on a whim. But I wanted to play as much of the instrumentation on this one as possible, myself. I wrote the song around the piano, but kept adding orchestration, and ended up here.

I dusted off my old "Sam Ash Special" $80 Ibanez acoustic guitar and decided to play the guitar solo. The piano sound is Alicia's Keys in Kontakt 5. Most of the orchestration is EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion. All recorded in Logic Pro X with my M-Audio KeyStudio 49. The guitar is just single-mic'd with my MXL Live Series mic.

I'm calling this one Reflections Of Hope. I hope you enjoy it! (I will try to get to listen to some of the great songs I have been missing over the next few days.)

RealTrack used...

RealTracks in song: ~2474:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085

Last edited by Steve Young; 10/15/17 03:58 PM.

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann