First to Noel - thanks for vote of confidence but my solution is an inelegant, brute force solution: no real expertise required (or actually present).

David

The process actually only takes a few minutes and you only have to do it ONCE. It only looks complicated and scary but is easy-peasy to do to get fast access to both 32 bit or 64 bit TTS-1. I could have done it for you in the time it takes to write this paragraph plus about 60 seconds (assuming you have a fairly fast CPU and drive)!!

1. Run the latest Sonar installer to re-install the basic Sonar 32-bit only reason you are doing this is to get the 32-bit TTS-1 DXi properly registered in the Windows Registry and to get access to the 32-bit “TTS-1.dll.”

There is no need to reinstall any of the ancillary stuff like docs installer, core plugins installer or any of the instrument pack installers.

BTW I would NOT use the Cakewalk Command Center for this I would go to the Cakewalk site, My Account, -> My Products and DOWNLOAD the Sonar program installer separately !

2. After “installing” Sonar (32 bit sonar) go find the Shared DXi folder. In my case it’s located…

"D:\Music\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1"

Once found make a COPY of the “TTS-1.dll” and rename it to something like "TTS-1-this one is 32bit.dll"

3. Now rerun the Sonar installer and install 64-bit Sonar again (it will re-install the 64 bit TTS-1)

4. Finally once again find the Shared DXi folder and make a COPY of the “TTS-1.dll” (which is now the 64-bit one version) and rename that COPY to something like "TTS-1-this one is 64 bit.dll"

DONE:

From now on it's just a few seconds to switch back and forth: I even have a short cut folder on desktop to the ...\Shared DXi\TTS-1 folder.

When you want the 32 bit TTS-1: for BIAB (or any 32-bit host) just delete the existing “TTS-1.dll” then COPY the one you named as 32-bit to “TTS-1.dll” (the 32-bit one will be reported by Window Explorer as 5,887 KB).

To get back to a 64-bit TTS-1: for Sonar (or other 64 bit hosts that still use DXi’s) simply repeat the process but using the .dll you named 64 bit (the 64-bit one will be reported by Window Explorer as 5,973 KB).

For safety (yes you might mess up) and so you never have to REPEAT steps 1-4 (to recover either the 32 bit or 64 bit DXi .dll - I’d keep safety copies in new separate folders like in pic

Remember every time you update Sonar it will re-set the TTS-1.dll to whatever version you are updating Sonar (I assume it will always be the 64 bit one) . BUT YOU do NOT have to repeat steps 1-4 . Once you have those DXi’s registered in the system Registry and have a COPY of each separate .dll (a 32-bit one and a 64 bit one) all you are doing is copying over the current “TTS-1.DLL” with whichever version of TTS-1 you want.

ONLY possible issue is that you can’t use TTS-1 (32 bit) in BIAB and concurrently use it in 64 bit SONAR since 64 bit Sonar whines about not seeing TTS-1 (since it’ the 32 bit version) and insists it is not installed (properly). Actually SONAR should have/could have accommodated 32-bit DXi’s just like it does 32-bit VSTi’s, especially since sonar is one of the FEW HOSTS that still use ANY DXi’s

Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
TTS-1.jpg (494.62 KB, 128 downloads)

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20