Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

It is great the you are stepping out of your zone! And doing a fine job.

I like the chorus vocal effects. In fact I think you ought to get "heavier" with effects for this particular song. Include them on the verses, too... I'd even go so far as to try the "cranked up Autotune effect". I think it would really work on this.

I always had a sense that EJ's piano was brighter sounding that this (I'd up the high EQ to bring that out).

A good pop write.

Enjoyed it.

floyd

Thanks for the input, Floyd. Glad you liked it. I'll play around with the EQ on the piano. It's a midi track and I had quite a struggle getting the EQ as bright as I did ... it just didn't respond well to the attempts to brighten it. I tried 6 or 8 real Tracks but couldn't find one that worked.

I', still evaluating the chorus. I'm not real happy with it and I posted it in order to get feedback like yours. I'm debating whether or not to double the voice on the verses or to add a half-octave higher harmony voice; maybe even add a half-octave lower to offset the higher.

Hmmm ... the cranked up autotune! Ya know, that just might work. Never thought about that. Might play around with that as my new vocal processor has their version of autotune on it.

You've given me some great ideas to play around with. I'll see how it sounds using those suggestions - thanks! Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops