Hi Noel, thanks for your response.

The midi style is one I selected in the style picker where I selected for it to show only midi styles. I just grabbed one that was jazz swing. So the instruments show as yellow except for the real drums which shows as green. No instruments are muted. All instruments are balanced middle. It should be playing the midi tracks but it is not. The only thing I did is go thorough and change all my songs to have real tracks (it set them all to MRU extension). Now it seems I can not run midi tracks for some reason. It still saves the copy as MRU where as in the past the midi use to be MR1 etc. Maybe I need to do a reinstall (I am running the external USB drive).

The style selected is definitely midi because all tracks are yellow except drums.

I like your idea of just sending my file with the real tracks style mainly because that sames me work. However this problem really should not be happening and I am concerned the same problem will occur on his/her end (it seems like a bug to me since it should not be happening - it should not be complicated). I actually for pure practice purposes prefer midi because it is a lot faster (I hate waiting for the track build and for practice I don't need perfect sound). I only changed them all to real tracks because others in our jam group complained they were not real tracks. Only about 10 in our jam group of 27 have BIAB. The real book chords are too complex for them so I am moving to The Vanilla Book to try and get higher participation in the jams. The idea is to create 400 vanilla book BIAB files in midi so they can buy the $135 basic version of BIAB which mostly has midi tracks and they can practice being sure they are using the same chords that BIAB will be playing at the jam. Most in our jam group will not pay $600 for this program (I am predicting zero will pay that kind of money just to practice). I think on the other hand they may be willing to pay $135 for the basic program. So if this is a bug it may be costing PG music money.

Last edited by bowlesj; 11/12/17 12:32 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles