Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

Great-feeling tune, Alan. Fun. Really moves along nicely. I like it.

I'll have to disagree with most others... I thought that the mix needed work - the vocals "sit on top" of the mix instead of "in it". The instrument bed sounded like it had too much high end across the board (which is what makes the vocal seem to sit on top) - too "crisp". There seems to be no "warmth" to the mix - which I think this ought to have. The vocals themselves are good. Just an opinion, of course...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Somehow I overlooked your comment. I didn't see your reply until I looked at Janne's comments. Getting old brings new adventures!

I think you're probably right about the EQ being too high throughout. When I get a chance, perhaps next week, AI'll go back and redo this one. I wasn't real happy with it overall. I shouldn't have posted it until I had a better cut/mix. I guess i was over-excited about my new vocal processor and got impatient!

Glad you liked it otherwise. I always appreciate your feedback. never feel hesitant to point out what needs another look or do-over. I have a wife and friends for a pat on the back, even when it's not earned. The input from my musical peers is what counts in the big picture.

Thanks a bunch for your constructive comments. I appreciate them very much.

Wishing you and yours the very best.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops