Several replies to my first post that mentioned (the dreaded) Pro Tools would along the lines of "Anything but Pro Tools". I just wonder why everybody hates it. The first thing I hear about is the price, and I will agree that $600 can sound expensive, but the cost of anything is relative to the resources of the person making the purchase. I bought it from Sweetwater and got 2 years same as cash so I paid $50 a month until it was paid for. I sure didn't need it, as I am probably the least active musician on this system. But for me it was a new thing to learn, a new challenge, so I bought it and took a course at Kent State and found that once I got past some initial setup things and got used to some terminology, it is very good. Industry standards become so for a reason, no? Houses are all built with the studs 16 inches on center for a reason, and I suspect that the reason might be that 16 inches is the best option for structure. Some rogue carpenter might build his house with the studs 32 inches on center if he wants to, but if it collapses..... That is a strange example, I know, but all I am asking is why people hold their nose at the very mention of Pro Tools. One down side is that it takes a rocket sauce computer to run WELL, though it will run on minimum level requirement computers, it will spit and stutter. In my case, it gave me a reason to buy an i& with 64gb of RAM and a high end video card, as well as a shiny new HP monitor. Not that I've ever really needed reasons to buy more computers....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.