I read this news with some distress, being a Cakewalk user since the days of Pro Audio 8 (Win98 days) and I've played around with other Cakewalk products that would come bundled with sound cards and the like reaching all the way back to the good ol' DOS days.

There's one primary reason why I've stuck with Cakewalk all these years and it is because they've always included a Staff View in their products. I think on the staff when I write music. It's a big reason why I've stuck with BiaB for almost 20 years. A staff view. Pro Tools (ptui!) does not include a staff view in its product. So it is useless to me. Yes, AVID is the current publisher now for Sibelius, but Sibelius is more like pretty-looking music publishing software than software meant to get real sounds from. And it doesn't fit well with PT anyway.

I guess I'll continue to use Sonar until the bitter end. If I have to maintain an antiquated system just to keep Sonar going, I'll do so. Hopefully somebody will realize Gibson's folly and rescue Cakewalk from its predicament. What about an employee buy-out option? That's worked in other industries. It might in this case too.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/22/17 08:33 PM.