What I see in this thread with a few exceptions is old guys. I am one too. We're not the demographic music companies care about. Sucks I know, one day we're the masters of the universe and the next we're tossed aside like yesterdays laundry, sniff, sniff. Excuse me...

Ok, that's over.

Bottom line is this guys. If CW was making Gibson money this wouldn't have happened.

We all know the music biz has dramatically shifted in the last 20 years and it's accelerating. Don't believe me? Look at the description of one of the HipHop styles. It says "Old School Hip Hop". Old School Hip Hop!? To us it was yesterday and it still sucks as bad now as it did then but in reality it began in the 80's. There are a few hiphop billionaires now. Can anybody in this thread name them? More to the point can anybody in this thread name a few of their greatest hits?

The change is slow and inexorable, we don't notice it because it's going on in the background of our lives sort of like the frog in the pot. The heat is up and that frog doesn't have much time left.

Gibson is hurting all over because guitar sales have been tanking. Modern pop music doesn't use guitars or much keyboards either for that matter. Yes there are exceptions but overall sales are way down. And our "old guy" demographic isn't enough to support these companies any more.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.