Keen and on point observations.

Yes, the age thing is alive and well. As far as lack of talent.... we can fix that in the studio. We simply lip sync the live shows. Even the Garth-Man is lip syncing these days. WTH????

I've been a member of NSAI for some time but I think when my membership expires in the new year, I will not be renewing with them. I recall having a one-on-one with the VP and he really got excited about one of the songs in the session and suggested a few "this will do it" changes. After making the changes and sending it back.... the reviewer, you see, the VP didn't even work on reviewing any of the music coming in the doors from the members, totally thought the whole song needed to be rewritten. WTF???? So damn frustrating it makes you just wanna scream. And forget about getting any advice or names or phone numbers you can actually use. Their advice..... "network and work the streets" ....huh? I have a life and a family and a wife and kids and live 500 miles away.... "sorry.... if you want the dream you gotta sacrifice"....

F&#$& ^#*!!!! ... I'm too old for that kind of stuff.

Anyway..... yeah, to be a performer, you need to have the look and be under 20 years of age. To write songs, you really need to be in the circle of friends with folks who have the recording deals and do co-writes with the artists and the up and coming artists.......

or...... you can write for film and TV from the comfort of your home and no one gives a flying flip how old you are as long as the music fits the part they need in the show.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.