Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,
I can also hear the warmth in your vocal and enjoyed the old meets new sound.
Slowly you taught me, that love’s not to blame
It’s just the victim, of a cheater’s delight
You soothed the hurt, then you made your move
When you sole my heart, like a thief in the night

Its not easy to make a common saying sound fresh, but these lyrics do!

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and leave a few words. I'm glad the effects of the vocal processor are evident. I have a rather thin voice with a limited range but the processor tens to "beef it up" a bit! I need all the help I can get with vocals.

It's interesting you mention that particular verse - for two reasons. First, it's my favorite of the four. Second, on another music site for posting original music, several folks said the verse didn't make any sense to them. That was back in 2009. So, I was happy to see your comment on the verse.

As far as lyrics, with the few exceptions that that appear now and then, there are but a few subjects to address in a lyric:

I love you
I hate you
I miss you
I love being with you
You did me wrong
I did you wrong
I have a problem
I solved a problem
I drink to forget
I love my truck
Spiritual/Religious
It's a great day
It's a crappy day
She's gone
She came back
Social/Political rants
Love hurts
Love heals

There are probably a few others, also. Considering the many thousands (millions?) of songs written, that's a very narrow range of subjects.

One measure of writing a good lyric is finding a new and fresh way of saying things that have been said countless times in the past. Thus you comment on that last verse made me particularly happy. Thank you!

Wishing you the best,

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 12/07/17 10:29 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops