Hi, Larry -

I wasn't questioning your math, I was just equally amused that it is advertised at 70GB when it's not (I guess it's really not an "everything" pack, or something like that smile )

Anyway, I started my download of the Independence library yesterday and it was still going this morning (my internet, while adequate, would be nice were it much faster). Anyway, I'll report back what I see this evening, as I expect it to done by the time I get home from work (unless it glitches).

I knew it would take awhile to download, as I also have the baby brother version that came with the 12GB library (purchased back in 2013).

Assuming it lets me install it on my desktop (in addition to the laptop that I'm currently installing to), I'm hoping I can just copy everything over and not have to download it all again (which NI forces you to do now with their new download manager).

I'm also presuming that all the .EXE files that it downloaded can be offloaded to an external USB where I keep all my application installation files (I have a portable 1.5TB almost full USB drive that has all my applications, license codes, site login information, a tracking spreadsheet that I created, etc for keeping my 3 computers up to date). That will save about 10GB on my computer hard drive.

I'm hoping to have it all installed by the end of the weekend and try everything. I did play a little with it before starting the Independence download and it seemed pretty responsive. I just have to learn the interface.

By the way, the reason they are .YTIF is that Magix bought Yellow Tools a number of years ago (hence the YT), rebranded the name from Yellow Tools (which is what it was the first time I tried it) as Independence, but kept the interface and the file formats.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com