And not just Windows 10. I had all kinds of audio problems trying to get some work done last night (we're doing a parody of Chattanooga Choo-Choo for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary this weekend, where we've rewritten the lyrics to chronicle their life together in a humorous way, but I digress).

I was getting dropouts, lockups, stuttering, couldn't change from one sound car to the other while troubleshooting. The computer was running slowly. I rebooted several times (warm and cold boots); nothing worked, it was awful. Sound would start, then stop, then pick up again, then get distorted. Didn't matter if I switched between MME, ASIO, or WAS (if it even let me before locking up), nothing worked. I even re-installed my ASIO driver, but to no avail.

Turns out Windows 7 had two pending (not major) updates that should have just updated in the background. So finally, I closed out everything and just let the updates run. The computer downloaded the updates, and then when starting the install it just hung up trying to create a restore point (and after waiting 20 minutes for it not to happen, I just went to bed).

When I got up this morning, there was a message on my screen that the updates were successful and I needed to reboot the computer. I rebooted, and afterwards worked in BIAB and RealBand for a couple of hours with no sound card glitches at all. Everything worked great. Both the onboard and the external FastTrack Pro worked fine. I could switch between MME, WAS, and ASIO with no problem. Got my work done and the song is ready for when the folks come over on Saturday.

Too weird.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com