Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Still interested in knowing what your music background is.
(...)
So please share with us a little about your background. We are pretty friendly overall and very willing to help but we have to know what "language" to speak in.

I have been crazy about music to a fault since childhood, and I listen to lots of very different things. I have a good ear.

I am kind of a newbie in songwriting. I spent some of the last few years focused on lyrics. I used to find it difficult to write tunes, but I kept trying until something gave, the magic happened and now I write up tunes and arrangements in my head all the time. I used to run after them and now they come after me in all kinds of moments. I've found my own voice.

I am a complete newbie in dealing with musicians or actually making any music. I have recorded a few rough drafts, and though rough as they were, I really liked the shape they were taking. That was very exciting. But I realized I had to study more and acquire more command of the software or I would never get anything done. So I did. Meanwhile, I kept notes of all my ideas by singing or humming into a recorder. I just have to listen to one recording to remember the whole thing instantly, especially because most of those ideas played in my head for days like a radio. I don't even play by ear... yet. I just program the track note by note. But I have a keyboard and I've been trying to learn it. I hope to become reasonably fluent in it in about one year.

I guess it's just a natural evolution step for someone who has spent more time listening to music than a fish has ever spent swimming. smile