Wow, this is a weird one. I have no idea what's going one but as you can see from the responses, this is strictly unique to your system. Don't you feel special?

As for Avast, we were all getting the "This file may contain something bad" message from Avast during testing because Biab 2018 was new to them. After a few days it stopped. Hackers are literally running wild all over the world, it's a huge problem and we all just have to live with it but that's separate from your bad .dll messages.

Rather than continually reinstalling Biab (you know the definition of insanity I'm sure) I would be inclined to contact Dell and reinstall Win 10 because I suspect that's where the problem is. Either the Windows install is messed up or you've changed something in your registry or installed something that is messing with your system.

Pretty much everybody on this forum simply installed 2018 including me and it works perfectly. You can see my system specs in my sig. It would help if you posted your system details as well. My computer is a stock out of the box Win 10 system. No tweaks. Everything was installed using the defaults. It came with Win 7 and I did the free update to Win 10 with zero issues.

Have you done anything unusual with your system since you got it including installing specialized software that might be out of the ordinary? By ordinary I mean everybody installs Adobe Reader, MS Office or Open Office and stuff like that. Musicians like to install free cool sounding but unknown software from dubious sources.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.