Actually, it's a bit more than just disappearing. First, I need to state that this happened all of a sudden like, which means I probably hit a button or checked a box somewhere I shouldn't have. But I have no idea where. And yes, I did the Options/Preferences thing, and looked all through the selections there. Couldn't find anything that seemed to relate to the problem. Right clicking on the note or the staff didn't reveal much of anything either.

I've been editing the chords in a string track of one of my songs. Things were going great and I decided to save the song last night before retiring for the evening. So this morning I call up the song and continue with my edits. Now, the edits are actually where I'm changing the values of each note -- velocity and duration -- plus I'm adding more notes to each chord -- which technically aren't chords at all as they stand. They're intervals.

So I load the song I was working on last night, only to find that all my changes were gone. They hadn't been recorded in the saved song. Strange. So I re-entered the chord data for a four bar section, then proceeded to copy that data to other spots in the song where it was repeated.

Then I advanced to the next four-bar section I wanted to expand into actual chords, but suddenly when I clicked on a location for a new note, the interval that had been there disappeared. So I undid my new note selection and the interval came back. I was in Editable Notation Mode when this occurred. I tried the Staff Roll Notation Mode, but it didn't make a difference.

Thinking that this peculiar behavior might be confined to a track other than the Melody track, I switched to the Melody track and tried inserting a note. Same difference. The note(s) at that same time value on the staff disappeared. I played the tune and, sure enough, my replacement notes were sounding and the original ones were gone.

So I exited that song file and called up another one -- an .MGU file, by the way. This one displayed another peculiar property. The strings track on it (MIDI, not a RealTrack) was empty -- the entire track. But when I clicked on "Play" suddenly the notes appeared for the whole track. But if I tried to add anything to the track, at the point I added a note, any others that were at that same time value disappeared.

So I reloaded the original song I was working on, only to find that, again, none of the notation I'd added to the file had been recorded.

At this point, I was ready to start throwing things, so I got up and fixed myself some lunch instead.

Now, I'm back, but I'm clueless as to why BiaB is behaving the way it is. All I know is, as it sits right now, it is almost useless to me.