Originally Posted By: Chris Kenward
Hi Folks

I'm really struggling and hope for some help. I have made a full track with chords etc. and have sorted it into the arrangement I want. However, I am really struggling to understand how to insert say just 4 bars of one of Brent Mason's solos as an intro. I want to slow it down to the speed of my track (120bpm) but have no idea how to do this.

Any suggestions would be super appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Chris

Chris, do you know about F5? This "Edit for current bar" shortcut allows you to have a solo instrument play anywhere you want in the arrangement and only in the places you want. It also allows you to have a difference tempo or style for any specified section. Use this to bring in and out your solo instruments.

Or do you not know how to insert an "Intro"? It is in the "Song Form" button under the title "Generate Intro". This will insert a number of bars which will only play through the first time at the beginning of your song. It will not repeat with additional choruses.

Does that help?

Last edited by MusicStudent; 12/25/17 04:29 AM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper