Trygve,

It sounds like you need to do some homework on how to use midi with multiple channels. There's a great deal of information out there on the internet. While working with midi can be confusing to start with, once you can see how it works, it all makes sense.

Let's see if I can get you started...

Firstly, if you are setting all the different RB tracks to midi channel to 1 (which it sounds like you might be), you'll confuse Kontakt. Each midi track MUST have it's own, unique midi channel.

Then, when you load an instrument in the instance of Kontakt that's specific to the track you are working on, you need to make sure that you use THE SAME MIDI CHANNEL in Kontakt that your track is set to.

Here's an example using Philharmonik Miroslav (because I don't have Kontakt). The principle is exactly the same with any softsynth that is not general midi.

I'm going to put Philharmonik strings on RB Track 5.

1. Right-click on track 5.

2. From the menu that appears: (a) select a unique midi channel for this track (#1 on the image below, I'm using midi channel 6); (b) follow #2, #3 to load Philharmonik Miroslav.

3. Open the softsynth Philharmonik (#4) and make sure that the required String sound is added to midi channel 6 (#5).

Hope that helps get you going,
Noel

P.S. Loading time is a function of the synth. As I understand it, because Kontakt is one of the superior synths, the audio files used for the samples are large. This is why it takes time to load. (The higher the quality of the audio, the longer the loading time.)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024