Hi Eddie

When you say different speakers are the audio systems themselves different.
Say in EQ, loudness contours, tone settings bass and treble lift and cut, listening environment, etc.
Or are they all set flat, this will obviously effect what your hear.

Personally I try to make my recordings flat and not in favour of one particular sound system.
That way I or the listener can adjust to their liking at the playback stage to suit the equipment in use.
Mixing is a bit of a black art there is always a trade off, I well remember when each record label had its own EQ curve recorded in and some that were balanced to sound good on cheapo record players needed a lot of unpicking on a good Hi Fi .

Individual tone and level tweaking between the instruments in the song I guess is down to personal choice, and this again is where you may get in trouble at the playback stage if the playback gear has nasty peaks and poor speakers.

As I compromise I often make the final recording with a slight smiley face type EQ
Very similar to the old loudness control setting but not quite as boosted as some of them were. As well as turning the ends up a bit I may pull the mid down a couple of Db I find this helps to get rid of booming in some resonant speaker systems .
Basically I like to leave most of the final whole sound adjustment to the user and their personal sound preferences and for that It is best near to flat,
Just my rambling
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 12/31/17 04:48 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/