ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
What anti-virus software do you use? I'm finding myself wondering if maybe this is impacting on the program. Norton and lately McAfee have created issues for some users.

I suggest that you exclude c:\bb and c:\Realband from being checked by your antivirus software.

QUESTION
Regarding your question about plugins... I'm not sure about this but I suspect that setting max=0 in MaxPluginsToScan stops BIAB from loading any plugins. That BIAB boots up with this setting is also suggesting that there might be some faulty plugin that's failing the scanning process and causing grief.

ANOTHER LOCATION FOR VST PLUGINS
Another place to look for plugins is \Steinberg - if this exists on your computer it will be off the \'program files' and \'program files x86' directories.

PLUGINSCANLOG.LOG
There's a text file in \bb\Data\Logs called "PlugInScanLog.LOG". This would be worth looking at and seeing if it stops somewhere.

The below link is to my
"PlugInScanLog.LOG" for comparison purposes. Note that you will not be able to use my file in place of yours because the Windows Registry addresses will be different. At the end of my file you will see that it says that 37 plugins were counted successfully. It would be interesting to know if you get something similar.

PlugInScanLog.LOG (Noel96)

BBWERROR.LOG
The text file BBWERROR.LOG is also worth having a look at. The latter entries are the most recent (if I recall correctly).

This file might give some added insight.

COYOTE WT
To check if it installed, have a look under \program files(x86)\Coyote\CoyoteWT.

I find that I always prefer to install it by running the BIAB installer. To do it this way, just run the minimum install and make sure the CoyoteWT is selected.

WAS AUDIO DRIVER
Under "Options | Preferences | Audio", set the driver to MME. (See the below image.)

By default, BIAB 2018 chooses WAS as the default audio driver. My experience is that BIAB is much more robust when running the the Windows MME driver.

Hope something in the above is useful!

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
mme driver.JPG (59.1 KB, 78 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024