Chris,

My answer for (a). You can create a fade for your solo track by pressing F5 to open the Current bar settings window, then selecting the fade by bar drop down for the track you want to fade. A second window opens so you can enter a numeric value. I suspect your asking for suggestions of what numeric value to use.

You'll have to play with the numeric value. BiaB track volume can be any numeric value between 127 for full volume and 0 for mute. Over how many bars do you want the fade to extend? What is the starting volume level for the bar where the fade starts?

Assume the starting bar volume level is 90 and you want the volume level to be at 0 after four bars then you might start with a volume reduction of 23 numbers per bar. That means that if the solo ends on bar 16 then the fade begins on bar 17 with a numeric value of 23 and enter 23 again on bars 18, 19 and 20 (23 X 4 = 92). That is a linear fade but a linear fade may not suit what you need so you may need to adjust the number for each bar up or down to achieve the fade out you want.

I'll let a Mac expert answer (b).

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home