Belladonna,

Another one. I have another take on this whole success thing that is very similar to Noel's. And what he is saying is absolutely critical for happiness, productivity, creativity and well-being.

But first: I think your husband might have been referring to the Monkees. Not sure but that is my guess.

On the "success" thing, like Noel, I think it is really really dangerous to measure yourself against ANYONE or ANYTHING under ANY circumstances. It is the instant shortcut to buzzkill.

Better to just feel blessed!!!!!!!!! It is a safer route.

And a lot more fun.

I am having an absolute and total blast with the independent music scene. I know I will never be a "star" but it blows my mind just knowing I can create music collabs online right now with jazz musicians in Europe and hip hop artists in Africa. Right here on this forum I have done collabs with people on other continents. Wow.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think when I was younger that I would be able to record what I can record now on my computer.

I saw the guy who recorded some of Taylor Swift's latest (Jack Antonoff) showing off his home studio and his keyboards and hardware on you tube recently. I thought, gee, I have the same set up almost. Except mine is 90% digital. And he was talking about "I can make any sound in the world I wanna make, right here." I was like "Heck yeah! I hear ya man!" And it's true. I can make whatever sounds I want to make right here.

I am as happy as a pig in a truffle scented mudbath and having the time of my life writing music these days.

I suppose being crazy helps out a little as well.

Keep going!!!!!

smile