Originally Posted By: jcland
I started to play around with this and found something strange going on. It might be something normal but I wanted to run it by everyone.

Started a new song with this chord progressions in.

C6 | Ebdim | Dm7 |G7

Taking the 1st measure of C6, When I chose a Pedal Bass note of C on beats 2 and 4 for 1 measure, the second I move the mouse to the Bar Box, I noticed that the On box where I put the C note in disappears immediately. I tried other notes in the chromatic scale and they seem to be OK and they stay in the box.

I then changed keys to G and when I put a G note in the box for the G chord on beats 2 and 4 in the 1st measure, the same thing happened and the G note I placed in the On box disappeared the second I moveed the mouse to click the Bar box. However, I was able to put a C note in, along with all other chromatic notes whereas in the key of C I would not put the C note in.

In other words, it looks like I cannot put the note corresponding to the key that song is in, in the On box for that chord.

Key of C on the C chord: Cannot put a C note in the box. Can put a G or B or Bb or Eb in just fine.
Key of G on the G chord: Cannot put a G note in the box. Can put a C or Bb or F# or A in just fine.
Key fo A on the A chore: Cannot put in an A note in the box. Can put in a Bb or C or Db or E just fine.

Same thing goes for the 2nd measure of Ebdim when I try and put in a Eb note, the 3rd measure when I try and put in a D note and finally on the 4th measure when I try and put in a G note. If the chord is a C6, I cannot put in a C note, if the chord is Ebdim, I cannot put in a Eb note, if the chord is a Dm7, I cannot put in a D note and if the chord is a G7, I cannot put in a G note.

Thoughts.

Just tried what you posted. I got the same results. Hopefully PG will see this and fix it. Meanwhile you can do a work-around as described in Help - Rests, Shots and Holds.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.