Originally Posted By: dcuny
Very, very nice. The arrangement feels organic, tailored for the song. The balance between the instruments and the vocals is great. Your voice is pleasant, and a perfect match for the arrangement and lyrics.

The held strum on the introduction is very effective, as are the other flourishes you've put in the song. Your little asymmetric Noel-isms come out smooth and natural.

I like the chord changes going into "blue for us/true for us", and that rhyme works really well. Plus, it distracts me from the fact that you already used it at the beginning of the verse. wink

David,

Thanks for taking time to be analytical. As always, I found your insight informative and valuable. You have quite a knack for analysis plus you're also really good at explaining your thinking. Reading what you write always gets my brain travelling along pathways that would never occur to me. Thank you for that.

Regarding the repetition of 'for us' in lines 1, 3 and 4... I've recently been reading some articles on terms of rhetoric and literary devices and this particular one is called "epistrophe". It's where phrases or clauses end in the same word or words and it is a technique that is sometimes used to create emphasis. I've never purposefully done this before so it was a bit of an experiment in this song. To be honest, I think I find anaphora more useful and comfortable to work with than epistrophe.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024