Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Sounds like you have a really good grasp of panning concepts/mixing, doubling vocals etc! It sounded like the vocals could come up a bit in places but that's a minor thing. I have no doubt you will be producing some interesting stuff soon!

Thanks for the compliments Torrey! I kept the vocals low on the verse parts since my voice had a hard time hitting those low notes sounding like a moan. I didn't want to boost that! smile

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I enjoyed your almost-grunge interpretation of the lyrics and the mix sounds good. Now you`re out of the gate, we expect more!

Thanks Robert! I will do what I can to get something out in the future.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Nice energy and I like how it builds. Clever ending.

Good call, with each passing of the chorus phrase I stacked more instruments and vocal layers until the last chorus at the end.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Your sound making of guitar/bass/drums is really wonderful. So, I think that your vocal glows more if you sing this in F major key instead of C major.

Thanks Shigeki! I thought maybe a key of F or G would have been better than the C Major I chose. I will make sure to use a higher key on the next song I do!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
This song reminds me of Weezer, such a nice song with a good pop melody and strong guitar wall.

Janne, you are very good in that description! I actually modelled the Tonal Balance in Ozone 8 Mastering to the Weezer song, "Say It Isn't So". Good call!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Good job on the mix and production. A good rock version of JoAnne's fine lyric. Killer ending! Already on the lookout for your next one.

Thanks for the compliment Tommy! I won't be cranking out songs near as often as most folks but will do what I can.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We enjoyed the grunge feel to the vocals -- fascinating how many places this lyric has been taken. The mix sounds good on our monitors. Nice build and super cool outro. Thanks for posting the info on how you produced it. Few do this but we always enjoying the tech backstory.

Thanks Bud! That's the IT Geek in me!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory