Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

This is beautiful. A beautiful tribute to beautiful forum friends.

A lovely write. I especially like the "knock knock knock" - most folks would not think to do that. The melody is extraordinary - going places that surprised me at ever turn.

The production is super. Those acoustics sound SO good. Excellent mix - everything sits well. A delightfully "relaxed" vocal. So nice!

fj

Hey floyd,

Thanks for dropping in! It's always great to see you smile I'm glad you picked up on the 'knock knock knock'. I was trying to think of some way to make the act of knocking on a door an aural experience by using words. This seemed to do the job (for me at least).

Also, thank you for your thoughts on the mix, etc. Getting guitars 'right' is always a big challenge for me because I'm a keyboard player. These days, I avoid plugins other than Ozone for the final mix and some EQ to reduce bass-related muddiness. The instruments that come from PG Music seem to do the job really well with minimal adjusting.

Hope things are sailing along well for you up there above the equator.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I'm very mindful that I've let a couple of your songs slip past me. I sincerely apologise for that. I'm planning on tracking them down!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024