Your RealTek and NVIDIA will be just for audio. For the playback of MIDI into the audio stream, you'll need a softsynth. BIAB comes with a DXi synth called CoyoteWT (WT is short for Wave Table), which is actually just a wrapper for the low res GM MIDI Wavetable that ships with Windows computers (it takes the Microsoft sounds and and presents it to you as a DXi (DirectX synth).

Also for General MIDI (GM), PGMusic also sells the Coyote Forte synth (also a DXi synth) for $40, which definitely sounds better than the CoyoteWT, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

You also get the free Sforzando VSTi synth, along with several SFZ sounds provided by PGMusic, but it's not General MIDI and you'll have to assign instruments on a track by track basis for each song. However, there are tons of free and not so free sounds out there that Sforzando can play.

If you go the VSTi route, you will probably also want to purchase jBridge from PGMusic (I think it's $10), as that will let you run 64-bit VSTi's and VST effects in the 32-bit BIAB environment.

For VSTi's, you might want to explore VSTi offerings from IK-Multimedia (SampleTank) or Native Instruments (Kontakt). Those aren't cheap, but the sounds are much better, and again they are note General MIDI, so you would have to assign the sounds on a track by track basis for each song.

And of course, the RealTracks/RealDrums are just audio files, so they will play fine on your computer sound card.

Let us know what you are thinking and we can definitely go into more detail.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com