There are level settings within the audio harmonies. Perhaps set some of them lower and see if you can get better, non-distorted results.

Also, the TC-helicon audio harmonies feature was introduced back in 2004, updated in 2005, and as far as I can tell hasn't been touched since. So, it really is 13 year technology.

I have used it successfully a few times. I have not had great luck using the MIDI tracking features without artifacts, and so generally stick with the chordal harmonies (still some artifacts, but they can usually be pushed back in the mix).

I have found that if you want the best harmonies, you need to sing the song straight and clean (no no vibrato and pretty well in tune. That gives the harmonizer the best source to work with and makes it easier to determine your base pitch with which to harmonize. I've also had best luck with the "down" harmonies rather than "up". The "up" harmonies tend to be more chipmunky. I usually select 1-up, 2 down when I do them. So with the lead, that gives you 4 parts. Not saying it's perfect and it really depends upon the song, but I have had some nice generated harmonies in the past.

And then in the mix, you need to keep the lead vocal out front, or you will definitely hear both a pitch shift effect and chipmunkiness (if that's a word).

Also, I could be wrong (PGMusic would have to answer), but I don't believe the harmonizer was ever updated to use the elastique pitch stretching capability that it uses for RealTracks.

I'm not sure why it's so distorted using the "Listen" file (which clearly isn't your recording). I've played with it before and have gotten mostly clean results. If I have a chance, I'll run it through in 2018 this evening after work and post back.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com