Let's say your friend only has the Pro- or the Mega-PAK, which doesn't include all the RealTracks. The performance track lets you send the .SGU or .MGU file to your friend, along with the accompanying audio performance tracks for the ones she doesn't have (which must all be stored in the same folder), and your friend can hear the song as you intended, even though your friend may not have those RealTracks. Your friend could still change instruments on the other tracks. However, if you had just frozen the tracks, you still have to have all the underlying RealTracks to hear the song.

That being said, your friend would not be able to make any changes to the chord grid without it sounding weird, because it would play the changes made along with the static audio file you created, which would be based on the original chord progression.

I would probably just personally render the entire song to WAV or MP3 and send that to my friend. However, with the .SGU or .MGU file along with the performance track(s), you can still change mix levels and other settings.

Pros and cons.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com