Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
One of my favorite songs. Excellent job. You should maybe comment on YouTube the bass was left out and played live because this was done as a performance track. This is a very good cover.

Thanks Charlie. I just posted that in response to a comment that BIAB is just a songwriter's tool, and no good for covers. (In the Beginner's forum.)

Regards,

Bob

Good job, Bob!

If I may weigh in on the topic: BIAB is as capable as the person using it. For somebody of your experience with the software, knowledge of music, and ability to play some parts (or arrange MIDI) in order to get the signature passages, BIAB is indeed capable of creating great sounding covers.

But its worth noting that there are people buying BIAB with the expectation of entering chords, pressing a button and getting a note for note rendition of a pop standard. That ain't gonna happen.

I recently got a PM from somebody who felt he had been duped into buying BIAB based on forum discussion about how well it creates cover songs.

For the sake of all potential customers of varying skill level, it is reasonable to provide full disclosure about how much editing was required to get a good sounding cover.

Listening to your song, I am impressed by how much of it is "right out of the box", but it still took some performance skill on your part along with some MIDI arranging and audio editing to transform BIAB output to what we just heard.

Once people are aware of that, they can decide for themselves if its the right tool for THEM to create cover songs.