Yes, I think we can all acknowledge that there are gold stars in every genre, instrumental and lyrics enhanced. No one can rain on the parade of the outstanding instrumentalists who bring such emotion and prominence to their songs. I guess what I have a hard time with is more mediocre instrumentalists who put a title to their work, which maybe is the setting that inspired them, but I don't feel it or get it. Not that it's wrong and I certainly appreciate everyone's effort to make music. It's just that an instrumental title of Rain on the Mountains or something makes me question why? I don't get that and being a lyricist I feel it's not complete and something's missing to enable me to get the complete feeling. I mainly feel that great vocals and lyrics add a lot to instrumental music, unless you are sooooo good that you don't need it like Herb Alpert, Stevie Rae Vaughn, Hendrix, etc. As a lyricist lately so appreciating the work of Jimmy Webb and Harlan Harlan, also more currently Bob Seeger, James Taylor the marriage of music and lyrics. But so nice to hear everyone's take on it. To be honest, my husband of many years confessed to me he mostly likes instrumentals and I am a dancer and gravitate towards that as a dancer. But I am a poet and love lyrics.

Last edited by Belladonna; 02/11/18 01:28 PM.