Hi Dave,
It's always great if you can find a talented creative person who complements what you do, and one that has the skills you may lack and can take it to the next level.

Of the 270 songs I have written, I have probably put a lot of them to music, I would say at least over half of them. Currently, I am really busy with my day job (I am a CPA) and will be for a couple of months, so I'm just writing lyrics for later when I have more time and will put some of them to music.

I am a much better lyric writer than I am a musician, but I do read music notation, play piano and guitar, and have studied theory. I can come up with a melody on the piano and write it out and I can come up with a chord progression. That's why I got BIAB, so I could do better musical compilations.

I've posted some of my lyrics here and have been very pleased with others compilations of them. They were all different from what I could have come up with.

Yes, you are correct in that lyrics without music is really a poem.

I haven't worked the way you all do it, but I do hope to try that someday soon and see how it goes.