I have been a Sonar user for many years. I understand it well and have many, many plugins. The good thing is some of them work with BIAB and RB. As for ease of use I don't think RB is in the same league as Sonar nor is it designed to be. I don't know what to use as a replacement and then what happens if or when my Sonar replacement stops being supported. For me I think I'll stay with Sonar until it goes belly up. I think understanding what you want out of a DAW will help a lot if and when I change. Most DAWs seem to operate in a similar way. The bits of Sonar I will miss most will be ProChannel and the ease of use of the Piano Roll. The RB Piano Roll seems much more difficult to me but I guess that is understanding the product. As for what I do in Pro Channel I could if necessary even do in Audacity just not as easily. In the mean time I will continue to look at other products after all I only do any of this stuff for fun and will have time to change unlike some who make a living out of creating music files.

My thoughts

Tony.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1