Just thought of something Notes. Excel will do this. I'm not an expert with it but I have some projects at the office where I needed the result in landscape. Here's where it gets tricky. We work with a guy who is an expert with this stuff. He created macros for us one of which converts the Excel file to a Worddoc as landscape and it's somehow locked in. It even auto formats it so it won't word wrap, we need it all to fit on one page in landscape for printing.

If you simply reopen an Excel file you'll see all the cells and formatting and you don't want that. Excel is mostly for math based formulas for spreadsheets but it handles text too. If you don't have MS Office you can get Open Office for free. It's supposed to emulate all the features of Office, I'll bet you can do this in Open Office. They have a forum, maybe ask this question there.

If you don't know what a macro is think of it as a patch change in a DAW. You want to change all the parameters of a synth with one button push. A macro is the same, you write a script that includes multiple things you want done. Once it's written, you hit a hot key on your keyboard, the macro list opens, double click on one and voila' your screen goes crazy for a few seconds while all these changes are happening.

I'm getting a bit out of my depth here because I'm not the one who understands this stuff, the other guy does and I don't want to confuse you so this is as far as I can go. This is very tricky stuff but remembering what I do with Excel, someway somehow I know what you want can be done.

Edit: Another thing, Excel creates a "Workbook". Workbooks have as many pages as you want. Each page is called a Sheet. Each Sheet is simply displayed as a tab across the bottom of your screen. You could have say 20 songs loaded as Sheets and hit a hot key to bring any one of them to the front instantly. That way you only have to open the program once with your workbook file. Thinking further now I don't think the macro converts this to a Wordoc, it stays as Excel and I'm pretty sure the macro tells it to display the info only without all the formatting stuff visible.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 02/18/18 08:55 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.