I learned to read music extremely well when there as no BIAB. I was the 2nd best music reader in my music program at age 19. I taught myself to read music at age 13 with nothing but my thinking cap, sheet music, a metronome and of course my discipline and obsession to do it accurately (huge hours practicing). Two years later I decided to take lessons. He jumped me directly to grade 10 classical guitar. I often think back of this guitar teacher as being a slight bit over enthusiastic at my level of progress but I had no problem reading the level 10 music. You don't need BIAB to learn to read music.

Even though what I am saying is true your question is a valid one and I am curious how they are getting music notation for real tracks. I would not be surprised if it is not accurate. Even a program like Melodyne (based upon the video) does not produce notation unless there are things I do not know about it. Maybe it can. BIAB is pretty good for writing notation in midi and it plays what is written perfect for me so far. That is my only use for BIAB notation.

Last edited by bowlesj; 02/18/18 02:36 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles