Originally Posted By: MarioD
One of my biggest problems with RB and BiaB is that it is only 32 bit. These are the only 32 bit programs I have on my 64 bit system. I know there are workarounds using jBridge but nothing beats a DAW that uses 64 bit VSTis and VSTs natively, again IMHO.

Mario, I read similar statements a lot. If this is actually true, fine but if it's not then you're implying there's a problem using RB and JBridge. According to Dr. Gannon himself, there is NO DIFFERENCE between using Biab/RB with JBridge and a 64 bit plug and using a 64 bit program natively. My question to you is this: Did you actually use RB/JBridge and your 64 bit plugs and run into problems? If so what problems and did you post questions here so we can figure it out? Please spell out exactly why you think it's a bad idea to use Biab/RB with JBridge. If there really is a problem then we need to know about it.

My next point is similar but it concerns midi. Have you spent serious time working with midi in RB? I agree RB may not be as good with midi as other DAW's but "not as good" is a relative term. It depends on just how knowledgeable the user is concerning midi and what they're trying to do with it. I work with midi a lot in RB and find it acceptable and certainly the price is right. I would not be surprised if a user who understands midi were to test various midi functions and it turns out RB is better with midi than Studio One for example.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.