Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: MarioD
One of my biggest problems with RB and BiaB is that it is only 32 bit. These are the only 32 bit programs I have on my 64 bit system. I know there are workarounds using jBridge but nothing beats a DAW that uses 64 bit VSTis and VSTs natively, again IMHO.

Mario, I read similar statements a lot. If this is actually true, fine but if it's not then you're implying there's a problem using RB and JBridge. According to Dr. Gannon himself, there is NO DIFFERENCE between using Biab/RB with JBridge and a 64 bit plug and using a 64 bit program natively. My question to you is this: Did you actually use RB/JBridge and your 64 bit plugs and run into problems? If so what problems and did you post questions here so we can figure it out? Please spell out exactly why you think it's a bad idea to use Biab/RB with JBridge. If there really is a problem then we need to know about it.

My next point is similar but it concerns midi. Have you spent serious time working with midi in RB? I agree RB may not be as good with midi as other DAW's but "not as good" is a relative term. It depends on just how knowledgeable the user is concerning midi and what they're trying to do with it. I work with midi a lot in RB and find it acceptable and certainly the price is right. I would not be surprised if a user who understands midi were to test various midi functions and it turns out RB is better with midi than Studio One for example.

Bob

Yes Bob I did have trouble using Kontakt in BiaB but because I use my DAW, first Sonar and now Studio One Pro, for MIDI work I did not pursue the issue. I would be a happy camper if BiaB/RB were 64 bit so I could natively drop all of my 64 bit plug-ins, both VST and VSTi, into them. IMHO if BiaB and RB don't go to 64 bit soon they will a thing of the past much like 8 and 16 bit programs.

I tried RB but I found it very clunky. I know that I am biased as I used Cakewalk for years. Now I use Studio One Pro, another very easy to use DAW. However if you remember I have stated many times that if you do not have a favorite DAW then use RB.

I have shown BiaB to other musicians and there responses were the same, i.e. clunky interface and only 32 bit. They over looked how good the program really is! I am not that biased. Yes I am a firm believer that BiaB and RB should be 64 bit but that is not stopping me from using them. As I have stated before they are the only two 32 bit programs on my system.

I know that your views are different then mine about 64 bit but we both respect each others views and that is a good thing.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware