Quote:
Well, I wouldn't be holding my breathe for 64 bit but let's wait and see.
It doesn’t matter. Not spending another dime unless it is.

As to the rest, I agree.

I us BIAB to knock out quick accompaniments fo vocals for vanity tracks that I produce. Infinitely better quality than buying prepared karaoke tracks and saves me many hours over doing them from scratch. I then export these to a DAW for sweetening and polishing. So, I look at Real Band but that would involve Windows—I’m just not going there again.

I came to BIAB through the Finale plugin where it saved me time when composing infomercials. Finale 25 no longer has the plugin as it’s 64 bit only. I lost the use of my dominant arm and cannot work fast enough for those deadlines and BIAB is inadequate on its own. If Real Band could fill the gap and make me as productive as before, then, yes, I’d go back to the Windows platform. It can’t and that’s life.

I am a presence on the Final boards where we get, “I can’t install (my old version) on my new Mac.” Nope, you can’t. You must upgrade to 25...

Without a 64 bit version of BIAB, Mac users buying new machines at the end of the year will be in the same boat. Heck, I may be one of them although, at the moment, I’m planning that purchase for this year and 2017 runs over High Sierra. I can boot from my external drive and run 2017.

There are certainly reasons for the Win products to go 64 bit, also but it is the Mac version that needs to do so first.

Whatever PG Music decides, I get to vote with my pocketbook and plan to do so.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5