I did it installed and it sounds great. ROG has good advice in his post.

You can monitor input through the headphone connector; what I did was hook up a 4-port headphone amp to it, and then run a set of powered speakers through one of the ports (headphones in the others). That way I can hear it play just fine. Sound from the computer, however, plays fine through the outputs on the back side of the unit.

I've got a small mixer feeding into audio inputs 1 and 2 (so I can get the audio from a microphone and from my two keyboards and acoustic-electric guitar), but I still get two mono (one stereo) connectors for input if I need it. So far I'm really liking it.

EDIT: I'm running it on my Windows 7 laptop; haven't tried it yet on Windows 10, but it works great on Windows 7. The only thing I had issue with was that I found out that the USB port I had connected it to wasn't set to not sleep, so the unit would lose connectivity. Once I set the USB port to always on, it works great.

Last edited by jford; 02/20/18 04:01 PM.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com