Thanks y'all.

I have a copy of Libre Office - the successor to Open Office, but it's slow loading. I'm used to the old WordPad opening almost instantly.

Libre Office takes from 7-10 seconds to open (depending on the file). I'm using version 4.5, I might update to version 5.5 and see if that helps.

Microsoft Word took 11 seconds.

This is way to long. If I make a decision in the last few seconds of a song for what to play next, a wait of 5 seconds between songs can be too much. Once they start heading off the dance floor and back to their seats, it's too late to keep them there.

I have found some 'full page' text editors and bookmarked them. We are very busy gigging until mid-March so if I don't find a solution by then, I'll make a fresh HD Image, and try them one at a time.

I don't mind learning new software (although I'd rather not) if it would make my work easier or do something I'd like to add. I don't like learning new software if it doesn't fill my needs, that seems like a waste of time. Thus the questioning first.

Thanks again,
Bob

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks