Originally Posted By: Rockdoc326
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your input. How do I record the original demo that I'm hearing from BiaB and how do I re-insert into BiaB to determine how to proceed? I did find the Brent solo from the original song and have it on my desktop as a .m4a file. How do I reinsert that into the track section from an external location (desktop) into BiaB?

I have windows 7 OS and it comes with Realtek Sound card. RealTek has the input option of 'Stereo Mix' Stereo mix allows me to record any sound emitted by the computer using the Audio Software Program Audacity. I open Audacity and start recording, select the audio source I want to record and after the recording is complete, I trim the beginning and end. I also Normalize the recording to -3db in Audacity before exporting the song as a WAV file.

I open BIAB and select the ACW button. I am prompted by the program to select an audio file so I select the audio I recorded through the Stereo Mix.

Processing this audio through the ACW will import the chords, tempo and set the correct key in your BIAB session.

Once you have the chord chart, tempo and correct key, you can kill the audio file and generate a new song from the Style the demo was recorded with. You should also be able to generate a new solo in the bars you want to have solo's or fills.

If the solo you are hearing is playing over a number of bars from the demo, you can capture that audio and insert the audio (Audio\import Audio) at the measure you want the solo to start (You will be prompted and can designate the measure and beat to insert the audio ) and it will play correctly for the number of bars you've recorded as long as you have the chord sheet charted to match the chords played.

It is harder to explain and write out than it is to do. Don't be intimidated by the explanation.

If your OS can not record what the computer is playing, you can also hold a small digital recorder in front of speakers to capture the audio. It will not matter that the quality is not very good as long as the quality is good enough for the ACW to accurately decode and analyze it because you will discard the audio and generate your tracks from the Style. You only need the audio for the ACW to analyze the audio.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/05/18 10:24 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.