Interesting thread but one point was made with which I disagree heartily. This is not in it's infancy. Bob Moog built a Vocoder, which this really is but under a souped up 2000s name, in 1968. That makes it 50 year old technology. It was used in the soundtrack for A Clockwork Orange, and on a LOT of songs. Kraftwerk used it all over Autobahn, and Jeff Lynn used it in ELO's Mr Blue Skies in 1976. Find a copy of Kenny Loggins Keep The Fire and it opens the song. Asia used it during live shows because nobody could really sing harmony well. Geoff Downes sang into the triggering mic and played the parts.

I had the Digitech version of these things for a long time. The old school units were very primitive and the voices sounded quite robotic, nowhere near as real as the voice processing tools work today, but that is normal product evolution that it get better every few years. The Roland Boss VE-20 is outstanding. And just $280. I have seen a lot of bands use that rather than truth the drummer to play with a click track so when the chorus hits and the BGV kick in they are in time. If I was still playing I'd buy the Roland.

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/06/18 01:43 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.