In this post, http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=462197#Post462197

we discussed how to end a held chord. Kent revealed that what I thought was a longstanding workaround has been fixed, namely that if we want to end a held chord, we no longer need to use another chord - any other chord - because the same chord with a period would not work. This practice goes back to the 1990s.

So, since that has been fixed, the next logical step seems to me to make something that does not print out (for those who use BIAB notation such as to give to a band). I suggest two possibilities:

1) make the NC (no chord) work, make sure it will stop a held chord, and then make an option in the printout menu for it not to print

OR

2) create some other new 'stopper' character that also would not print (but would be visible on the chordsheet)

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors