This one of those areas where it seems like Biab and RB are almost the same but they're really not.

Yes, you can do that in Biab but RB is a 48 track DAW and is specifically designed for this kind of thing while Biab is not. Many new users completely ignore RB and shouldn't. It is NOT simply another version of Biab, it is a 48 track audio/midi recording program that will do very comprehensive audio or midi editing, mixing and mastering that PG decided to add Biab functions to.

I'm not going to go into a bunch of details because that's what the RB forum is for. I'll just give one example. You have a 13 track midi file and would like to see all the tracks. In Biab you have to do some menu diving and then once it's done that file has 13 tracks while Biab has 7 instrument tracks. RB just opens it right up, the tracks are visible right in front of you and you still have 35 tracks to play with.

RB is very cool and very useful so to new users I always suggest they take the same song and spend an hour with Biab then an hour with Real Band and keep doing that until they're familiar with both. After you've opened your test Biab song in RB just to see how that works, close it and start it from scratch then you'll really see how it works. Both programs will get you there using completely different workflows. Biab is initially faster and easier while RB has more depth.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.