I never tried writing a song in the 60’s as that was my birth decade, but I would say that it’s fundamentally easier to write and publish music now than it was back then. Even commercial success opportunities abound compared to any time in the past as a songwriter. I can and do participate in collaborative songwriting with people from around the planet and it is incredibly fulfilling to do so. This was unimaginable decades ago unless someone was independently wealthy. All industries ‘flatten out’ from an income standpoint as technology enables more and more people, societies and cultures to participate in the market. Supply has increased by orders of magnitude and those of you that recall your economics classes remember what happens to price when supply goes up. People using BIAB benefit immensely from the supply of world class studio musicians performing their songs. If you have done a proper job of arrangement, you can make a world class recording of your song, for nearly free relative to what it used to cost.