Originally Posted By: cliftond
Yeah, I am using Songtrader and sentric, just started have not had any luck yet, I would like to hear from anyone who actually gets selected on these songs. Keep us posted. My concern is , do they actually select someone and pay them on all of these listings?

As far as selecting goes ST has a daily feed of licensed songs. But that could include a license for a one time event, a blanket license or a film placement. There is obviously no way to tell how much anybody got paid or for what nor should there be IMO. We are contracted with Crucial Music and we had to sign a LONG non disclosure agreement. If a company licenses you for background music they aren’t interested in you posting everywhere “that’s me on tv!”

Also you mentioned do “they” select someone. Songtradr reviews your submission and rejects it or “short lists” it for further review. That further review may result in it becoming a “finalist” which means it is then submitted to the music supervisor of the company that requested the song. Of course the music supervisor has probably looked at other song libraries. Meaning their ultimate choice may likely not even be from ST’s referrals. It’s a long shot.

Regarding our eight months on ST we have been shortlisted 59 times, made the finals many times and been licensed 14 times (all for a blanket license). Our nearly 300,000 views/plays come from being added to various playlists - some featured by ST and others for which I’m clueless as to the origin as they do not let you know anything other than you were added.

ST apparently wants you to submit your whole catalog and use them like SoundCloud. I have some doubts regarding their longevity but hope they do well.

Bud