Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I am looking for a simple way to convert and mp4 video into mp3 only, or extract the audio from an mp4 to make an mp3.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a program that could possibly batch convert these?

Free would be great, but isn't absolutely necessary.

Thanks.

and

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
And just for sake of discussion/accuracy, since MP4 is video and you want the audio, technically you want a RIPPER, something that extracts the audio from a video. You aren't really converting the MP4. You are dissecting it.

Me being nitpicky for the continued sake of discussion and accuracy, I believe HTL is accurate in his question as he wants to extract audio and convert that audio to the MP3 format. However, according to Thesaurus.com, dissect is not on their list as a recommended synonym for extract.... I could be wrong..... ;=)

However, RB appears to fulfill his request for a 'free' alternative to batch convert files even though he technically had to initially pay for it but it's listed as included for 'free' with his BIAB purchase....

Again ;o)

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/26/18 06:27 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.